The Center for Equity in Aging Travel Award
This purpose of this award is to provide a financial award to distinguished students and post-doctoral students of the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing who have been invited to present their aging and/or palliative care related scholarly works at a domestic or international conference.
Each recipient of this award will receive up to $1500 to support travel expenses (i.e., hotel, airfare, registration) from the Center for Equity in Aging (CEA).
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Recipients will be notified of their award within two weeks of application submission. Applicants are limited to one award per calendar year.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current student in good academic standing or a post-doc at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Be the lead author or the presenting person on an abstract submission accepted for poster and/or oral presentation at a domestic or international conference
- The accepted abstract must be related to a CEA topic of interest including but not limited to: aging, geriatrics, dementia, and/or palliative care. Please contact the CEA if you are unsure if your abstract topic qualifies for this award
- Must agree to present your accepted work at a CEA-supported event within 6 months of attending the conference
- Provide a brief synopsis of your conference experience along with a photo at the conference for use on the CEA website and/or social media
All award applications must include the letter of abstract acceptance from the conference organizers.
Please contact the CEA at AgingCenter@jhu.edu if you have any questions about the application process.
Click Here for Application