Application for 2022-2023
Online Information Session:
August 11 @ 2:30pm
Zoom Link for session Password: 118853
- Open applications, August 12
- Applications Due, September 2
- Award decisions, September 9
The Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) is a loan forgiveness program that prepares and trains qualified nurse educators to fill faculty vacancies and increase the number of trained nurses entering the workforce.
Each year, the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing must apply for and receive NFLP funding.
- If awarded, the maximum amount of funding a student can receive is up to $35,500 per year, and students can be funded for up to 5 years.
- Students awarded NFLP funding may cancel 85 percent of their loan in return for serving four years as faculty in any accredited school of nursing.
- Upon completion of years 1, 2, and 3 as a full-time Nursing faculty, NFLP recipients will have 20% of their loan cancelled after each year.
- After the fourth year 25% of the loan will be cancelled.
- NFLP recipients must work for four consecutive years as full-time nursing faculty to receive the 85% cancellation.
Students enrolled in the DNP Executive, DNP Advanced Practice, PhD, and DNP/PhD programs are eligible to apply.
2022‐2023 NFLP Presentation Slides
Nurse Faculty Loan Program Guidelines
Nurse Faculty Loan Program Frequently Asked Questions
NFLP Exit and Repayment Requirements
Associate Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning