Welcome Hanna Charankevich, the Center's senior research data analyst!
New travel grant application released.
The Center for Equity in Aging seeks to transform the diverse experiences of aging and serious illness to enhance equity and well-being across the lifecourse. The Center draws upon a variety of disciplines including nursing, epidemiology, gerontology and health policy to foster collaboration across Johns Hopkins that advances scholarship, research and advocacy focused on aging and serious illness care using a lifecourse approach.
The mission of the Center for Equity in Aging at Johns Hopkins is to enhance equity by improving the well-being of older adults and those living with serious illness in the community and across all residential settings. The Center supports a robust and interdisciplinary research community of faculty and trainees focused on scholarship, education and advocacy.
- Advance research focused on equity in aging and serious illness care across residential settings using a lifecourse approach
- Foster an interdisciplinary community at JHU and beyond focused on equity in aging and serious illness care
- Nurture emerging and established investigators at the SON focused on equity in aging and serious illness care
- Disseminate new knowledge focused on aging and serious illness care
- Build and grow linkages with policy and practice communities to advance equity
- Engage diverse aging populations in research, meeting people where they are
The following topics represent the Center’s current priority areas:
- Home-based care delivery
- Hospice and palliative care
- Interventions created utilizing human-centered design
- Aging and caregiving policy
How do we enhance equity?
The Center seeks to prioritize research that promotes social and racial justice by:
- Conducting research that identifies health disparities in aging throughout the lifecourse
- Developing interventions, policies, and systems that reduce inequities in the opportunities and resources needed to grow and age as healthily as possible
- Engaging those who are disadvantaged in the research design
- Supporting diverse audiences for all scholarship activities
Learn about the Aging Center's Pilot Projects.
Learn about the Aging Center in the Media.
Follow the Center for Equity in Aging on Twitter.