The Pre-Award phase represents the beginning of the grant lifecycle, which includes announcing opportunities, submitting applications and reviewing applications.
- Submitting an Intent to Submit
- Planning your application
- Carefully read through the Program Announcement
- Mark the due date/deadline
- Call the Program Officer cited in the Announcement for guidance
- Meet with your Sr. RSA as soon as you can
- Obtain prior approvals
- Ask your Sr. RSA for a proposal checklist specific to your funding mechanism
- Begin collating key elements:
- Budget (what is allowable vs. unallowable)
- Budget Justification
- Project Narrative
- Appendix, if applicable
- Project Description
- IRB approval, if applicable
- Is your Conflict of Interest certificate up to date?
- If you have subawards, do you have their budget, budget justification, scope of work, letter of intent and sub determination form?
- Letters of Support
- Cover Letter
Work with your Senior RSA early and often to avoid last minute changes and delays. We are here to help provide you examples, samples and guidance.