student organization FORMS AND RESOURCES
- How to start a new group
- Manual for Student Clubs and Organizations
- Reserve a Room. Please contact Student Affairs to request/reserve a room for an event.
- Sales tax collection. Please contact Student Affairs for guidance on collecting sales tax and to request Tax-exempt certificate for club purchases.
- Student Club Funding Request Form
- Student Reimbursement Request Form
- Update Club/Organization Officers
- Submit a Calendar Event
- Submit a SONVitals Event
- And find out how our Marketing & Communications Office can work with your group!
Checklist for Student Event Planning
- Register Event with Student Affairs: EVENT REGISTRATION (You need to fill this out to have an official event that uses school funding. You will not be funded for the event if you do not complete the registration form during the planning process.)
- Add event to calendar: Tag as Student Experience & any additional tags that are appropriate i.e. diversity/
- Reserve a Room. Please contact Student Affairs to request/reserve a room for an event, and/or create a Zoom Link/Password (if 300 attendees or less - if more contact SON-StudentAffairs@jhu.edu) or
- Create an RSVP Link
- Create a flyer to invite the community to your event, and advertise the event in the Student Enews, SONVitals, and calendar.
Yearly Student leadership Awards
Annually, at the student leaders dinner in the spring semester. Student Affairs recognizes student leaders and clubs and organizations for their great work throughout the year with several awards.
The categories are as follows:
- Humanitarian Award – To a student/student group who has consistently demonstrated the values of the JHSON and a commitment to the greater Baltimore Community.
- Student Leader of the Year Award – To an individual student who has created a positive campus environment, enhanced the quality of student life, and worked to maintain a continuity of leadership.
- Unsung Hero Award - The Unsung Hero award recognizes students who have positively influenced a program or organization from behind the scenes with a positive attitude, a willingness to help in whatever capacity necessary, and a commitment to excellence.
- Innovation Award - Presented to the outstanding student/or student group who demonstrated innovation through thought and action and contributed to the improvement of the JHSON community or student experience in a transformational way.
Honor Society for Nursing: Sigma theta tau international
Donation drive policy
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing and SOURCE permit five major donation drives per year to support outside needs of SOURCE partnering community-based organizations in Baltimore. These drives are coordinated by SOURCE (the community engagement and service-learning center for the JH Schools of Nursing, Public Health, and Medicine) and include a campus-wide food drive, toiletry drive and other collections throughout the year.
This practice ensures the validity and success of these types of events each year, and frees the School’s hallways and common spaces for the numerous alumni and friends visiting the School, as well as conferences, speakers, and receptions that occur on school premises on a daily basis. As proponents of advocacy, volunteerism, donating and service with community, we seek to maximize our efforts and integrity in activities with the community.
Any student, student group or department wishing to organize, coordinate or co-sponsor a donation drive must first contact SON Student Affairs, SON-StudentAffairs@jhu.edu, and SOURCE at 410-955-3880 or SOURCE@jhu.edu. SOURCE can provide additional support, as well as ensure that drives do not overlap with one another. Those interested in organizing a donation drive can coordinate directly with SOURCE.