Eager to get involved? Take your pick from a wide variety of engagement opportunities. Students are encouraged to participate in events on-campus, in Baltimore, and around the world! Most of the events are free to students or are provided as an affordable cost.
Recognized student organizations are integral to the educational process at the School of Nursing and Johns Hopkins University. As a student at the School of Nursing you have access to all of the events and student organizations at Johns Hopkins University. Some of the organizations on the East Baltimore campus allow membership from students at the School of Medicine, Bloomberg School of Public Health, and School of Nursing (Tri-School Membership).
Interested in joining? Need to contact a student organization? Check out the list of recognized student organizations below. You can get contact information for each group by contacting the Office of Student Affairs at 410-955-7545 or email@example.com.
Yearly Student leadership Awards
Annually, at the student leaders dinner in the spring semester. Student Affairs recognizes student leaders and clubs and organizations for their great work throughout the year with several awards.
The categories are as follows:
- Humanitarian Award – To a student/student group who has consistently demonstrated the values of the JHSON and a commitment to the greater Baltimore Community.
- Student Leader of the Year Award – To an individual student who has created a positive campus environment, enhanced the quality of student life, and worked to maintain a continuity of leadership.
- Unsung Hero Award - The Unsung Hero award recognizes students who have positively influenced a program or organization from behind the scenes with a positive attitude, a willingness to help in whatever capacity necessary, and a commitment to excellence.
- Innovation Award - Presented to the outstanding student/or student group who demonstrated innovation through thought and action and contributed to the improvement of the JHSON community or student experience in a transformational way.
Honor Society for Nursing: Sigma theta tau international
STUDENT ORGANIZATION FORMS AND RESOURCES
Checklist for Student Event Planning
- Register Event with Student Affairs - EVENT REGISTRATION (you need to fill this out to have an official event that uses school funding. You will not be funded for the event if you do not complete the registration form during the planning process)
• Add event to calendar (Tag as Student Experience & any additional tags that are appropriate i.e. diversity)
• Create a Zoom Link/Password (if 300 attendees or less - if more contact SON-StudentAffairs@jhu.edu)
• Create an RSVP Link
• Create a flyer/email to invite the community
• Advertise – Student Enews, SONVitals, etc.
Marketing for Clubs & Organizations
Donation drive policy
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing and SOURCE permit five major donation drives per year to support outside needs of SOURCE partnering community-based organizations in Baltimore. These drives are coordinated by SOURCE (the community engagement and service-learning center for the JH Schools of Nursing, Public Health, and Medicine) and include a campus-wide food drive, toiletry drive and other collections throughout the year.
This practice ensures the validity and success of these types of events each year, and frees the School’s hallways and common spaces for the numerous alumni and friends visiting the School, as well as conferences, speakers, and receptions that occur on school premises on a daily basis. As proponents of advocacy, volunteerism, donating and service with community, we seek to maximize our efforts and integrity in activities with the community.
Any student, student group or department wishing to organize, coordinate or co-sponsor a donation drive must first contact SON Student Affairs, SON-StudentAffairs@jhu.edu, and SOURCE at 410-955-3880 or SOURCE@jhu.edu. SOURCE can provide additional support, as well as ensure that drives do not overlap with one another. Those interested in organizing a donation drive can coordinate directly with SOURCE.