Working with our students
See and hear what our students say about their preceptors -
watch another video
Benefits of Becoming a Preceptor
Precepting is a responsibility and can require careful balancing of time and effort in a busy practice, but it also brings benefits. Many preceptors remember that special preceptor who guided them in their clinical growth while a student. This offers an opportunity to be that exceptional preceptor who makes a difference in the education of a future advanced practice nurse.
Additional benefits include:
If you would like to precept or want to learn more, please contact us.
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- American Nurses Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- ANCC American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Income tax credit for preceptors: https://pophealth.health.maryland.gov/Pages/taxcredit.aspx
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties Preceptor Portal
- Access Pain management & Proper opioid use webinars
- PNCB Pediatric Nursing Certification Board