Voice-Over PowerPoint (VOPPT) is a PowerPoint presentation with recorded narration, which enables lecture-type delivery of content.
Please note two important best practices for VOPPT:
1) Record your presentations in 15-minute sections.
2) Give students something to think about in between recorded sections: a question to answer (even mentally), an activity to complete, a prediction to develop about the next section.
These two practices will help make your online presentation more mentally engaging (i.e., students will remember more) and less mentally taxing (i.e., students will not struggle to concentrate during an uninterrupted 45-minute video presentation).
Support and training information:
- Best Practices for Recording Voice-Over PowerPoint
- Recording at Home: Recording Recommendations
- How to Create a Voice-Over PowerPoint: Windows Version
- How to Create a Voice-Over PowerPoint: Mac Version
- Record a slide show with narration and slide timings in Microsoft
- Turn your presentation into a video
- Online Lectures: Evidence-Based Best Practices