Publications – Reducing racial disparities in Health
- Kim B, Rosenberg DE, Dobra A, Barrington WE, Hurvitz PM, Belza B. Association of Perceived Neighborhood Environments With Cognitive Function in Older Adults. Journal of Gerontological Nursing. August 2023.
- Adkins-Jackson PB, George KM, Besser LM, et al. The structural and social determinants of Alzheimer’s disease related dementias. Alzheimers Dementia. July 2023.
- Samuel, Laura J et al. Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Access and Racial Disparities in Food Insecurity. JAMA network. Jun. 2023
- Kim, B., Samuel, L. J., Thorpe, R. J., Jr, Crews, D. C., & Szanton, S. L. Food Insecurity and Cognitive Trajectories in Community-Dwelling Medicare Beneficiaries 65 Years and Older. JAMA network open. March 2023.
- Kim, Boeun et al. Mediating role of walking between perceived and objective walkability and cognitive function in older adults. Health Place. Jan. 2023.
- LaFave SE, Bandeen-Roche K, Gee G, et al. Quantifying Older Black Americans’ Exposure to Structural Racial Discrimination: How Can We Measure the Water in Which We Swim? Journal of Urban Health. October 2022
- Adkins-Jackson, P. B., & Incollingo Rodriguez, A. C. Methodological approaches for studying structural racism and its biopsychosocial impact on health. Nursing outlook. Sept 2022
- Dean, LT, Thorpe RJ. What Structural Racism Is (or Is Not) and How to Measure It: Clarity for Public Health and Medical Researchers. American Journal of Epidemiology. August 2022
- LaFave SE, Suen JJ, Seau Q, et al. Racism and Older Black Americans’ Health: a Systematic Review. Journal of Urban Health. Feb. 2022
- Szanton, Sarah L et al. Structural Racial Discrimination and Structural Resilience: Measurement Precedes Change. The journals of gerontology. Series A, Biological sciences and medical sciences. Feb 2022