- How do I apply for financial aid?Students must initiate the financial aid application process by completing the 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.gov. A list of eligibility requirements to complete the FAFSA can be found here. Be sure to include our School Code (E00476)
- Are there any other documents that need to be completed besides the 2020-21 FAFSA?Based upon the data received from the FAFSA there may be additional documents needing to be completed. Our office may also require the Online Student Aid Application. Students should check their SIS To Do List to see what documents are needed. If applicable, students must also submit the Outside Award Notification Form.
- What is the Online Student Aid Application and what is the Outside Award Notification Form?
The Online Student Aid Application is only required of students in specific programs. Students should complete this online form to notify our office of the credits they intend to enroll in each semester. The Online Student Aid Application will generate in the SIS To Do List only after a student has completed the FAFSA. If your To Do List does not show this document after you complete the FAFSA, it is not required for your program.
The Outside Award Notification Form is available to be completed by any student who is receiving outside assistance from any source other than the School of Nursing. Outside funds must be taken into account when determining a student’s award. The Outside Award Notification Form, which will not generate in SIS, must be submitted to Student Financial Services when complete.
- How can I check to see if any additional documents are needed?Students can log in to Student Information System (SIS) and refer to their To Do List to see if any additional documents are needed. If all documents are showing as received you have completed all information needed from our office.
- I have completed all information on my To Do List. When can I expect to hear from Student Financial Services about my award?
We send out award notifications each Friday so a student can expect to hear from our office on the following Friday after their file is complete. The initial award date is listed below. Students will be awarded each Friday thereafter.
Student Group Initial Notification Date New students entering Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 January 17, 2020 New students entering Spring 2021 September 11, 2020 Continuing Students April 10 2020
- What are the deadlines to apply for financial aid?
If you are a new student starting in the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 semester the deadline to apply for financial aid is March 1, 2020. New students starting in Spring 2021 have a deadline of September 1, 2019. Continuing students have a deadline of April 1, 2019 to apply for aid.
Student Group Deadline New students entering Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 March 1, 2020 New students entering Spring 2021 September 1, 2020 Continuing Students April 1, 2020
- Can I apply for financial aid after the deadline?Yes, students may apply for assistance after the deadline and we will still process their request. However, the purpose of the deadline is to give our office enough time to review a student’s request for assistance prior to enrollment. That way a student will have an idea of what aid is available and therefore make an informed decision before enrolling.
- Do I have to reapply for financial aid each year I am at the School of Nursing?Yes, all students must reapply for financial aid each year.
- I submitted my FAFSA but when I log in to SIS and check my To Do List, it does not show up.If you submitted the FAFSA for 2020-21 and included our school code of E00476, we should have your FAFSA within 3-5 business days from the Department of Education. You can log in to verify that you completed the correct year (2020-21) and submitted the correct school code (E00476) at https://studentaid.gov. If both of those items were submitted properly and it has been more than 5 business days please contact our office.
- Do I need to complete the FAFSA to receive my scholarship from the School of Nursing?No, you do not need to complete the FAFSA to receive your merit scholarship. Only individuals seeking federal student aid (loans and federal work study) should complete the FAFSA.
Student Information System (SIS)
- What is Student Information System?Student Information System is the system of record for Johns Hopkins University. In SIS students can review information for Registration, Financial Aid, and Student Accounts. Students can also make updates to their contact information in SIS.span>
- What information will I need to login to SIS?To login to SIS students need a specific SIS ID number from Student Financial Services. Students will also need to verify their date of birth and their Zip Code. Once that information has been authenticated students will have access to SIS. Student
- When do I receive my login credentials and access to SIS?Student Financial Services emails students their login information for SIS when they are initially accepted to the School of Nursing. If you did not receive an email or if you forgot it, please contact our office
- I logged in to SIS previously but can no longer log in. What should I do?After initially logging in to SIS and setting up your account students should log at https://sis.jhu.edu. If you are unable to log in there after authenticating your account contact our office and we will walk you through the process.
- How do I contact Student Financial Services?Our phone number is (410) 955-9840 and our email address is email@example.com. If you would like to visit us in-person we are located on the 3rd floor of Student House. We are open from 8:30 – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and have an open door policy so no appointment is necessary. However, we would be happy to accommodate students who prefer an appointment.