Skip Navigation


Applications are received from around the world and we value the diversity of each applicant. We are interested in you as an individual and review your application in its entirety. Hopkins Nursing seeks individuals who bring with them a spirit of inquiry, commitment, and motivation toward scholarship.

Still accepting applications for the following Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 PROGRAMS :

  • Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Advanced Practice Tracks 
  • Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Health Systems Management Track
  • Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Health Systems Management/Master of Business Administration (MBA) Dual Degree
  • Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Public Health Nursing/Master of Public Health Nursing Joint Degree
  • Post-Master's Nurse Educator Certificate
  • Post-Master's Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate

Now Open — APPLICATION FOR Spring 2019:

  • Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Entry Into Nursing Program

You will apply to Johns Hopkins University’s nursing programs via NursingCAS, the centralized application service for nursing. Visit to start your application or log into your existing account. Visit the Programs List page to add your Johns Hopkins University’s nursing program of interest and complete the steps to fill out and submit your application.  All supporting documentation, including your transcripts, must be submitted to NursingCAS directly. 

       Apply Online Here       

The GRE code for the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing is 5767.
The TOEFL code for NursingCAS is B506.

Application Deadlines

View Application Deadlines

Transfer of Credit

Transfer of credit is granted on an individual basis. The decision is based on equivalent content (for required courses), credit allotment and satisfactory completion of courses. You may petition for permission to substitute a course from another college or university by submitting a request to the Office of Admissions along with the complete course syllabus.

Up to six credits of graduate course work taken at Johns Hopkins University or elsewhere may be accepted for transfer. Course work must have been completed within the last five years. Course work at the undergraduate level will not be considered for graduate credit.

Applicants Who Have Studied Abroad

International applicants and applicants who have completed courses outside of the United States must submit:

Information for international applicants
Office of International Student, Faculty, and Staff Services

Annual Security and Fire Safety Report

The Johns Hopkins University Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the University’s website at

In keeping with the mandates of the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the University’s Annual Report contains statistics of certain crimes that are reported and that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University or an officially recognized student organization, and on public property within or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus for the three most recent calendar years. Also included are campus security policies including those related to missing student notifications, alcohol and drug use, sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, and fire safety policies and statistics. All Johns Hopkins faculty, staff and students are encouraged to read and print out the report at, and to report all criminal incidents promptly to your respective security department.

A printed copy of the annual crime report may be obtained from the security offices of Johns Hopkins:

Homewood Campus 410-516-4631; Peabody Institute 410-234-4600; Medical Institutions 410-614-3473; Applied Physics Laboratory 443-778-7176; School of Advanced International Studies, D.C. 202-663-5808; or from the deans/directors/coordinators for our JHU Campuses and centers at: Baltimore, MD (Harbor East) 410-234-9301; Columbia, MD 410-516-9700; Bologna, Italy 202-663-5808; International +39.051.2917.811; Washington, D.C. Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences 202-663-5808; Nanjing, China 202-663-5808; International +86.25.8359.2436; Washington, D.C.- Carey Business School 202-663-5808;  Montgomery County, MD 301-294-7011. 

On the Pulse Blog