Prerequisites Eventsview all events
Learn More about Online Prerequisites
- Why Prerequisites at Hopkins?
- Top-ranked Nursing School
- An introduction to the excellence of a Johns Hopkins education
- Health-focused perspective delivered through a facilitated teaching approach (participatory, interactive, engaging)
- Instructor led, online convenience
- 11-week format
- What are the Prerequisites for Nursing?
Every nursing school has entrance requirements that are a little different, but for the most part, prerequisites for nursing school are similar. Here are prerequisites offered at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing:
- Human Growth and Development Through the Lifespan
- Microbiology with Lab *
- Anatomy with Lab *
- Physiology with Lab *
- Chemistry with Lab * §
- Biochemistry with Lab * §
* Virtual labs are accepted at Hopkins Nursing, but not everywhere. Check your university and state licensure requirements for prerequisite courses.
* § Offered but not required for the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing MSN Entry into Nursing program.
- Are these prerequisite courses appropriate for health professions other than nursing?
The short answer is yes! Prospective students pursuing any discipline in need of supplemental coursework can now take instructor-led, undergraduate-level prerequisites all online at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. Always speak directly with the program/school at which you are applying to confirm, but our courses are designed to align with requirements for other health programs like:
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Recorded Events and Informational Videos
- Textbook InformationFor further information regarding required materials for all courses, please visit the Prerequisite Textbook Information page.