- $350 per credit
Total: $1,050 per 3 credit course
Human Growth and Development Through the Lifespan (NR.110.201)
The Human Growth and Development Through the Lifespan course provides an overview of major concepts, theories, and research related to human development through the lifespan from the prenatal period to the end of life. Significant factors that influence individual functioning are explored. (3 credits)
SAMPLE Course Syllabus (pdf download)
Note: This is a SAMPLE course syllabus and does not necessarily reflect the most recent version of the course syllabus. Do not order the textbook found on this sample syllabus. For further information regarding materials for this course, please visit the Prerequisite Textbook Information page
Analyze theoretical and conceptual frameworks and research findings related to human development through the lifespan.
Apply theoretical models and research findings of human development and functioning to health and illness behaviors through the lifespan and within a variety of biological, environmental, social and cultural contexts.
For further information regarding materials for this course, please visit the Prerequisite Textbook
Prerequisites Eventsview all events
Learn More about Online Prerequisites
- Why Prerequisites at Hopkins?
- Top-ranked Nursing School
- An introduction to the excellence of a Johns Hopkins education
- Health-focused perspective delivered through a facilitated teaching approach (participatory, interactive, engaging)
- Instructor led, online convenience
- 11-week format
- What are the Prerequisites for Nursing?
Every nursing school has entrance requirements that are a little different, but for the most part, prerequisites for nursing school are similar. Here are prerequisites offered at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing:
- Human Growth and Development Through the Lifespan
- Microbiology with Lab *
- Anatomy with Lab *
- Physiology with Lab *
- Chemistry with Lab * §
- Biochemistry with Lab * §
* Virtual labs are accepted at Hopkins Nursing, but not everywhere. Check your university and state licensure requirements for prerequisite courses.
* § Offered but not required for the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing MSN Entry into Nursing program.
- Are these prerequisite courses appropriate for health professions other than nursing?
The short answer is yes! Prospective students pursuing any discipline in need of supplemental coursework can now take instructor-led, undergraduate-level prerequisites all online at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. Always speak directly with the program/school at which you are applying to confirm, but our courses are designed to align with requirements for other health programs like:
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Recorded Events and Informational Videos
- Textbook InformationFor further information regarding required materials for all courses, please visit the Prerequisite Textbook Information page.