Post-degree certificates allow for life-long learning and offer an opportunity for further specialization in a field. A gap analysis will be undertaken for each applicant, when applicable to the certificate, to determine which courses must be completed at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing.
Post Master's Pediatric Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Improve the health of individuals and diverse communities through the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Acute Care (PNP-AC) post-MSN certificate. Students will learn how to diagnose and treat pediatric acute and chronic care conditions and gain the clinical competency and apply evidence-based practices. With online classes and clinical instruction, you get hands-on experience with the convenience of online learning. This certificate builds upon the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care MSN program.
Post Master's Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Provide integrated mental health care for persons with mental health, substance use, and co-morbid mental and physical conditions
- Provide a range of brief prevention, treatment and recovery services, as well as longer-term treatment and support for persons with persistent illnesses
- Collaborate with other health care professionals and community organizations to provide integrated health care
- Work in a variety of settings ranging from specialty behavioral health centers to primary care settings
- Advocate to reduce inaccurate and hurtful representations of mental illness
- Apply for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification exam
Post Master's Nurse Educator Certificate
The Nurse Educator Certificate at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing enables experienced professional nurses to combine their clinical expertise with a passion for teaching. If you have a master’s or doctoral degree in nursing and a desire to help develop a nursing workforce committed to health care quality and safety, this graduate certificate program provides the opportunity to take the next, perhaps most rewarding, step in your career.
Post-Baccalaureate HIV Primary Care
Patients living with HIV deserve the best culturally and clinically competent primary care, like that provided by nurse practitioners who complete the HIV Primary Care Certificate. Only available to students enrolled in the DNP Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or DNP Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner track as an add-on.
*Online options available
Want more information? Fill out the information request form.