Post-degree certificates allow for life-long learning and offer an opportunity for further specialization in a field. A gap analysis will be undertaken for each applicant, when applicable to the certificate, to determine which courses must be completed at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing.
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Provide integrated mental healthcare for persons with mental health, substance use, and co-morbid mental and physical conditions
- Provide a range of brief prevention, treatment and recovery services, as well as longer-term treatment and support for persons with persistent illnesses
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals and community organizations to provide integrated healthcare
- Work in a variety of settings ranging from specialty behavioral health centers to primary care settings
- Advocate to reduce inaccurate and hurtful representations of mental illness
- Apply for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification exam
Nurse Educator Certificate (Post-Graduate)
The Nurse Educator Certificate at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing enables experienced professional nurses to combine their clinical expertise with a passion for teaching. If you have a master’s or doctoral degree in nursing and a desire to help develop a nursing workforce committed to healthcare quality and safety, this graduate certificate program provides the opportunity to take the next, perhaps most rewarding, step in your career.
HIV Primary Care (Post-Baccalaureate)
Patients living with HIV deserve the best culturally and clinically competent primary care, like that provided by nurse practitioners who complete the HIV Primary Care Certificate. Students enrolled in the MSN Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or MPH/MSN with an Adult-Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner focus program have the option to add on this HIV course curriculum.
*Online options availableWant more information? Fill out the information request form.
Other Nurse Practitioner (Post-Graduate)
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is sunsetting the following Post Masters Nurse Practitioner Certificate tracks and is no longer accepting applications. Please consider the DNP Nurse Practitioner program.
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Post-Graduate)
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is sunsetting the following Post Masters Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate tracks and is no longer accepting applications. Please consider the DNP Clinical Nurse Specialist program.
- Adult-Gerontological Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate
- Adult-Gerontological Health Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate
- Pediatric Critical Care Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificate