Chris Rhodes , MSN, RN
Advisor(s):Jerilyn Allen, ScD, RN, FAAN
After earning his BSN, Chris Rhodes joined the surgical intensive care unit at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital as he worked toward an MSN in nursing and health system administration. In 2017, he entered the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing PhD Program. A Nurse Corps officer in the U.S. Navy Reserves, Rhodes is focused on health effects of military deployment, post-traumatic stress disorder, and cardiovascular disease.
- Pre-Doctoral Fellow, T32NR012704, Interdisciplinary Training in Cardiovascular Health Research (2017-Present)
- Commissioned Officer, US Navy Reserves, Critical Care Nurse (2016)
- Chair, Nominations and Elections Committee, American Nurses Association (2015-2017)
- Clinical Excellence Award, Greater Birmingham Area American Association of Critical Care Nurses (2015)
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society