Contact the Career Lab
Questions? Our dedicated team is here to help.
Our Academic Programs
- MSN Entry to PracticeThis pre-licensure program is for individuals who completed a Bachelor’s in another discipline and are earning their first nursing degree toward RN licensure. Students go full-time for five semesters without a summer off, completing over 1,000 clinical hours, including a 224-hour final semester practicum. Approximately 100-150 students graduate every May and August.
- MSN Specialty and Post-Masters CertificatesWe offer a range of MSN specialty degrees for individuals who have completed a BSN and RN licensure. These include:
We also offer Post-Masters Certificates which can be completed online. These include:
- DNP and PhD Programs
Frequently asked questions
- How can I share my job opportunities with students?The best way to get the word out about your job is through our online job board, Handshake, which is open to all JHU students and alumni. This platform is part of a national system of colleges/universities, so you can post the job/event once and target any university in the system, rather than posting school by school.
Handshake is completely free to use.
You may sign up for a free employer account. When your user account and employer profile are created, you should request a connection with Johns Hopkins University. For detailed instructions on each part of this process, please check out this helpful article. After completing the steps above, our team will review your connection request. Once approved, you can post jobs and events– again, not just at Johns Hopkins, but at hundreds of other colleges and universities nationwide.
- Can pre-licensure students participate in part-time positions or summer externships?Our pre-licensure program is 5 semesters with no long breaks/no summers off. Due to their full class/clinical load, students who choose to work typically take on a few evening or weekend shifts per month.
- Do you host a Career Fair?The Career Lab hosts an annual career fair for all Johns Hopkins School of Nursing students. The next fair will be on January 22, 2020 and registration will open by invitation only in October. If you would like to be added to the invitation list, please email SON-CareerLab@jhu.edu.