Merck & Co. will offer a full scholarship to the Case Management Academy presented by the Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing.
The scholarship includes the following:
- Full Case Management Academy tuition which includes room and board
- One week "preceptorship" with an expert case manager at Johns Hopkins, or other qualified institution, within 6 months of the Case Management Academy which includes:
- room and board for scholar
- stipend of $1500 to Scholar's employing institution (to cover the cost of replacement staff during Scholar's absence) to be paid upon completion of preceptorship
Applicants for scholarship must:
- be a Registered Nurse with a minimum of a baccalaureate degree
- be currently practicing or committed to a position as a case manager
- be clinically responsible for a case load which consists primarily of patients with cardiovascular disease
- submit a completed application form including a short form resume
- submit a letter from Nursing Director (or other appropriate supervisor) addressing the benefit which scholarship would afford the employing organization
- submit a personal statement (of no more than 500 words) addressing his/her motivation for seeking scholarship and commitment to the role of cardiovascular case manager
The terms of the scholarship are as follows:
- scholarships are available through a competitive application process
- application criteria are determined jointly by The Institute for Johns Hopkins Nursing and Merck & Co., Inc.
- the number of scholarships available for any one session of the Case Management Academy is determined solely by Merck & Co., Inc.
- only one nurse from any single organization will be awarded a scholarship to any one session of the Case Management Academy
- Scholars will have no obligation to provide services to Merck & Co., Inc. in return for scholarship support.