Eventsview all events
- IPE Core Event #3
- Mon Nov 01
- Virtual Nursing Grand Rounds
- Wed Nov 03
- IPE Core Event #3
- Thu Nov 04
- Alumni WeekendEach autumn, JHSON gathers alumni for a weekend of reminiscing as well as education, mentoring, and connection-building to celebrate our successes, to honor those who have come before us as Johns Hopkins Nurses, and to help pave the way for the next generations of excellent graduates. The memories made at these annual events last a lifetime.
- An Evening with the StarsThis event recognizes nurses from across the Johns Hopkins-affiliated hospitals, preceptors, faculty, students, and staff, and honors innovation and commitment to education and care of patients, families, and communities. Net proceeds from this event will go to Johns Hopkins School of Nursing's Baltimore Talent Scholars Fund which supports the Baltimore community by offering annual full-tuition scholarship awards to Baltimore City public high school graduates admitted to the school’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Entry into Nursing program.
- Facebook Live EventsOn Facebook LIVE, panels of Hopkins nurses and our colleagues share expert insight and take questions on emerging issues of public importance, like the Coronavirus, political crises impacting domestic and international health, and the future of higher education. Join the live conversation each month, or check out the recording on YouTube.
- Grand RoundsThe Johns Hopkins School of Nursing—in partnership with the Nu Beta at Large Chapter of Sigma—offers a monthly Virtual Nursing Grand Rounds Continuing Nursing Education Series, providing an educational program led by top researchers from around the world. Offers one CNE credit upon completion of each session, with the goal of fulfilling JHSON’s mission of providing lifelong learning for health care professionals within the community.
- Isabell Hampton Robb Lecture SeriesIsabel Hampton Robb was the first superintendent of nurses at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and principal of the nursing school. An exceptional scholar and visionary, Robb laid the foundations for our reputation of leadership and innovation, a tradition that has grown and flourished over decades. To honor her memory and the exceptional leaders who have followed her, the Isabel Hampton Robb Dean's Lecture was established in 2018.
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare Outlook ForumOur immense population and increasingly complex chronic diseases, comorbidities, and social determinants of health are forcing the way we provide care. As healthcare reach expands from the bedside to the local community, and around the globe, providers must lead the way in advocating for patients.
Please join the monthly expert series Johns Hopkins Healthcare Outlook Forum.
- Lavinia Dock Lecture SeriesLavinia Dock, assistant superintendent at the Johns Hopkins Hospital Training School for Nurses in the 1890s, was a provocative voice for nursing education, social reform, disaster relief, and the civil rights of women. She earned high praise as author of the first manual of drugs for nurses, Materia Medica, and notoriety through three arrests as part of the women’s suffrage movement. To honor her memory and the exceptional leaders who have followed her, the Lavinia Dock Lecture Series was established in 2020.