Saturday, October 5, 2019
SOURCE Canned Food Drive Time: All Day Locations: SON Details:
Donate non-perishable and unopened canned food items to support SOURCE partnering organizations' food pantries! Co-sponsored by JHSPH Student Assembly and Black Student Nurses Association. Drop-off locations:
JHSPH E1002 and 1st Floor Student Lounge
SOM AMEB Lobby
The American Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses Association: 33rd Annual Conference Time: All Day Locations: Off-Campus or Various Locations Details: he APNA 33rd Annual Conference will bring together nurses passionate about psychiatric-mental health for 100+ varied educational sessions covering all facets of psychiatric-mental health nursing care—from opioid use to suicide prevention to recovery. Connect with 1600+ psychiatric-mental health RNs and APRNs and earn CE (100+ contact hours in person and online) at the premiere event for psychiatric-mental health nursing this October in New Orleans.
Alumni Weekend 2019 Time: All Day Locations: 525 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore MD Details:
Alumni Weekend is an opportunity to add new memories to those we’ve shared and celebrated throughout your years as members of the Johns Hopkins Nurses’ Alumni Association. Join classmates, fellow alumni, students, faculty and staff as we celebrate your reunion years.
National Conference for Nurse Practitioners in Acute Care NPAC 2019 Time: Thu. 10/3 7:00pm - 2:00pm Locations: Baltimore, MD Details: Barkley & Associates, Inc. cordially invites you to attend the National Conference for Nurse Practitioners in Acute Care (NPAC) 2019! Join over 900 colleagues expected to attend from throughout the country as we celebrate with this year’s conference theme, Sailing to Our Best Success, at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor. JHSON will exhibit at this conference.
SOURCE Fall Tri-School Day of Service Time: 8:00am - 3:00pm Locations: JHU Bloomberg School of Public Health Details:
Sign up for SOURCE’s Fall Tri-School Day of Service, on Saturday, October 5 and join dozens of other volunteers in the community at SOURCE partner community-based organizations. One morning of volunteer service can truly make a world of difference!
Registration is required, and projects will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, so sign up today! To register, send an email to SOURCE at SOURCE@jhu.edu with your name, email, school affiliation, cell phone number, and top 3 project choices.
* All projects begin and end at the School of Public Health’s Monument Street lobby. Times indicated below reflect the times that groups will be asked to meet and return to the School of Public Health.
Sites and project details are as follows:
- The Men & Families Center 8:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Volunteers will assist with indoor and outside beautification such as planting flowers and weeding around the Men and Families Center, which provides services such as parenting and life skills, health education, and job placement.
- Civic Works/Riverside Park 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Volunteers will help plant bulbs and assist in cleaning up the Riverside Park as part of Civic Works' Ricky Myers Day of Service.
- Elev8 Baltimore 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Elev8 Baltimore supports a school in west Baltimore that assists students with specific needs like those returning to school or with special requirements that cannot be met in a general education setting. Projects include painting cafe, power washing courtyard and exterior of building, and weeding flower beds. The painting project will include an abstract design & motivational quotes.
- Child First Authority/Dr. Bernard Harris Sr. Elementary School 9:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. Volunteers will help repaint the students’ bathrooms and add positive affirmations to those areas, as well as create an Outdoor Learning Lab to provide students with additional educational space.
- Amazing Grace Lutheran Church 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Volunteers will work in the Amazing Port Street Commons, the only true open green space in McElderry Park. You can expect to perform garden activities such as weeding, mulching, watering, and planting.
- YO! Center 9:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Volunteers will be cleaning and painting the YO! (Youth Opportunities) Center, which provides classes and training to support at-risk youths ages 16-21 to help them realize their potential to succeed.