- University of Maryland Post Doc Opportunity
The University of Maryland School of Nursing (UMSON) invites applications for postdoctoral fellowship positions in these areas of research:
· Community Engagement/Health Disparities
· Pain and Symptom Science
Funding is provided by UMSON and/or the National Institute of Health (NIH) National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) Program and is a joint CTSA partnership between University of Maryland, Baltimore* and Johns Hopkins University.
*This program is a collaborative effort among University of Maryland, Baltimore Schools of Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social Work.
- Ochsner Full-Time Physician Clinical Investigator Position
General Summary: The effort for this position will be split 40% clinical practice with the physician’s specialty department and 60% with the Ochsner Center for Outcomes and Health Services Research (COHSR). Ability to work collaboratively with physicians and health system leaders to plan, implement, and evaluate key quality improvement and value-based care delivery initiatives is required. Ability to manage and deliver high-quality, safe patient care is required. . The physician clinical investigator will represent as necessary COHSR and the Division of Academics in system-wide initiatives to apply scientific and methodological rigor to program planning, implementation and evaluation. This position will partner as necessary with system leadership in the areas of Quality, Process Improvement, Value-Based Care Delivery and Telemedicine/Telehealth in the acute care and ambulatory settings.
· Medical Degree (MD or DO);
· Board certified in their respective clinical specialty;
· Two-years’ experience as a practicing physician;
· Two-years’ experience conducting or facilitating outcomes and health services research;
· Familiarity with EpicCare Ambulatory and Epic Inpatient;
· Experience in clinical systems and process re-design;
· Experience with designing clinical decision support for evidence-based care;
· Familiarity with the continuous quality improvement process;
· Knowledge of clinical data standards for research;
· Ability to educate and mentor;
· Experience in designing clinical trials; and
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Perform effectively in a complex and changing environment.
· Ability to analyze complex problems and develop recommendations and solutions.
· Excellent presentation skills.
· Demonstrate a track record in disseminating scholarly work through peer-reviewed publications in medical journals and abstract presentations (oral/poster) at national and/or international conferences
· Knowledge of clinical workflow in both inpatient and ambulatory settings.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Medical Director for the Center for Outcomes and Health Services Research under the Division of Academics with matrix reporting to the Chair of the clinical department of their specialty for clinical practice.
Sorry, but we are unable to accept J1 visa candidates.
Click here to Apply