Johns Hopkins School of Nursing (JHSON) is dedicated to expanding nursing knowledge dissemination and innovation through collaborations with colleagues globally.
The Center for Global Initiatives welcomes and coordinates two options for international visitors;
Short term visits for International Visitors (1-5 days)
- Purpose: to collaborate with colleagues to positively impact and advance nursing practice and research to promote health globally.
- Short visits are from one to five days and the Center for Global Initiatives will create a schedule of appointments for the visitor(s) before they arrive.
- Due to compliance and privacy considerations short term visits do not include clinical site observations.
- Tours of the Johns Hopkins Hospital may be available depending on the availability of the Center for Global Initiatives Interns
Complete this form to apply - International Visitors - Initial Inquiry Form
International Visiting Scholars - J-1 Visa Scholar Program
- Purpose: Visiting scholars are involved in non-degree educational opportunities which exchange training expertise, partner in research, and address health disparities while sharing cultural and professional perspectives which enhance mutual understanding.
- Applicants for the program complete paperwork for the J-1 Scholar Program which is an exchange visitor program which fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges.
- All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their exchange experiences.
- All J-1 Scholars are required to hold a formal academic appointment with the Johns Hopkins University.
Complete this form to apply - International Visiting Scholars Program - Initial Inquiry Form