- Increase cultural competency skills of the faculty and students within the School of Nursing.
- Facilitate increased diversity of faculty, students, and staff within the School of Nursing.
PATRICIA M. DAVIDSON, PHD, MED, RN, FAAN, Professor, Dean, School of Nursing
GLORIA C. RAMSEY, JD, RN, FAAN, Associate Dean, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The major functions of the committee are as follows:
- Serve as a catalyst for thought in SON regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and implement a process to integrate SON's diversity and inclusion initiatives to insure coherence and alignment schoolwide.
- Align its work and serve as a liaison to other key stakeholders to maximize reach and impact, including but not limited to Faculty Assembly, Curriculum Committees, Staff Committee, Human Resources, Student Affairs, and University Diversity initiatives.
- Recommend and promote policies, programs, and other initiatives to attract and retain a diverse mix of faculty, staff, and students.
- Identify strategies to further SON's Diversity and Inclusion Plan; monitor and provide monthly updates.
- Examine formal and informal structures and processes and recommend changes and opportunities that foster greater inclusion.
- Recommend and monitor strategies to address constraints and barriers to affirmative action and equal opportunity and assure that the School's affirmative action and equal opportunity policies and procedures are being used appropriately and judiciously.
- Promote and support diversity awareness School-wide; work closely with SON's Marketing and Communication office.
- Form subcommittees to address specific short or long-term issues that have been identified as relevant to the charge of the Committee.
- Review and assess regular national reports on the status of underrepresented groups and woman and distribute to faculty, staff, and students as appropriate.