Monday, March 13, 2017
IT Roundtable Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm Location: TBD Details:
IT Roundtable meetings are a recurring “brownbag” series that will meet the second Monday of every other month, noon – 1 pm, to present an IT topic for your information and for your feedback. All faculty and staff are welcome to attend these sessions.
Community-Based Participatory Research Seminar Series Time: 12:10pm - 1:10pm Location: Off-Campus or Various Locations Details:
This seminar will take place at:Hampton House, Room 208, 624 North Broadway
Speaker: TBD. The Department of Health, Behavior and Society of the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health invites faculty, students, post-doctoral scholars and fellows from all University divisions and centers, and the community to participate in the lunchtime Community-Based Participatory Research Seminar (CBPR Seminar). This interactive seminar series is designed to enhance our capacity as a university and community in CBPR. Course credit is optional and takes place on the first and third Mondays for the third and fourth term.
Midwifery Monday Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Location: SON 305-Pinkard Bldg Details:
These monthly sessions are open to anyone with an interest in midwifery. If you are interested in evidence-based care of women and newborns in the US and abroad, this is for you. These informal sessions are an opportunity to discuss issues issues related to:
- evidence-based care of women with an emphasis on childbearing.
- professional issues related to midwives
- recent policies, articles, and news relevant to midwives and those with midwifery skills
- information for students interested in pursuing midwifery education including JHU's own Public Health MSN track with option for continuing on to Shenandoah for a post-graduated certificate in midwifery
- strategies to build and support students interested in midwifery
- peer support for students at all stages of their education